Learn the various skills needed to create this striking Art Deco Festive Goldwork and create a stylish embroidered artwork that will sit perfectly on any wall.
The perfect project for cosy days leading up the Christmas, this goldwork kit comes with all the materials to make an Art Deco-inspired embroidery. Taught by professional embroiderer Amy Burt, you'll learn the steps and techniques to create this artwork from felt padding leather appliqués to the padded satin stitch. A perfect gift for loved ones or yourself, this project will give you the foundation to continue on with goldwork embroidery as a lifetime hobby and skill. You will learn goldwork techniques including couching, chipping and over-stretched Pearl Purl.
What's in the kit?
- Instruction booklet
- 6" embroidery hoop
- Navy linen (with design) 28x28cm
- calico 28x28cm
- 3 x DMC stranded cottons in orange, blue and white
- 2 x Gütterman machine thread in white and orce
- White craft felt (with design) 5x5cm
- Orange Kid Leather (with design) - 5x5cm
- Silver Bright Check
- Gold Passing No.4
- Gold Pearl Purl No. 1
- Gold Pearl Purl No. 2
- Bee's Wax
- Embroidery Needles size 10
- Chenille Needle Size 22
- Curved Beading Needle
What is Goldwork?
Goldwork itself has many different techniques using a wide range of materials and processes to create eye-catching and unique hand embroidery. This piece of work uses some of the most commonly used techniques such as chipping and couching.
How this course is taught?
What else do I need?
- - Stand/clamp for holding the embroidery hoop to allow the use of both hands
- - Velvet board (small board covered in velvet for collecting bright check cut into chips)
- - Goldwork Tweezer (fine-tipped)
- - Embroidery scissors
- - Separate embroidery scissors for cutting goldwork
- - Magnifying glass (if possible)