Learn with a spoon carving expert - and discover why this time-honoured craft is so satisfying - and gain skills that you'll cherish forever.
Learn how to carve a wooden serving spoon with seasoned maker and author Deborah Schneebeli-Morrell.
With UNLIMITED ACCESS 24/7, you’ll be able to drop in and out of the course at your own pace, and refer back to it anytime. By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Select and maintain the correct tools
- Choose the right wood
- Axe wood confidently and safely
- Whittle the wood using basic knife grips and carving techniques
- Carve and shape spoon, from bowl to handle
- Finish your spoon to a professional standard
By breaking down the spoon-carving process into step-by-step video guides, this course makes it straight-forward and easy to learn this peaceful and rewarding craft - from the comfort of your own home.
Start your journey into the wonderful world of spoon carving!
Watch the course trailer
How is this spoon carving course taught?
What else do I need?
Contact us for advice if you’re unsure of where to find these items or post in our support Facebook Group.
- Green wood log (willow) at least 13cms diameter and 30cms long (often good to have a bit longer than the billet as you will need bits for drying and cutting off)- bear in mind you will need to create a billet 25-30 cms long 7-10cms wide and at least 4-.5cms deep
- Chopping block
- Axe block
- Axe (small Carpenter's axe)
- Beetle/Basher (a homemade mallet)
- x2 Swedish Mora Knives (Sloyd knife) - one longer and one shorter
- Curved spoon knife
- Small finishing knife (optional)
- Flexible ruler (tape measure)
- Pencil or marker