Once you know how to bake perfect sourdough at home, and you'll never need to buy a sourdough bread loaf again!
This course is available to purchase with a kit here.
Learn how to make bakery-quality sourdough bread with Karolis Siudikas, co-founder of Charles Good Food in Hackney, London.
With UNLIMITED ACCESS 24/7, you’ll be able to drop in and out of the course at your own pace, and refer back to it anytime. By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Make a sourdough starter
- Mix the dough by hand using traditional bread making techniques
- Tell with confidence when the dough is ready to fold, ferment and bake
Through detailed video and PDF guide, expert baker Karolis will guide you step-by-step through the bread-making process, sharing his top tips along the way.
With this course, you'll quickly learn how to make high-quality sourdough from the comfort of your own home. So you can learn how to make a lifetime of loaves, for less than your monthly bread bill.
You can try our free taster course and Make a sourdough starter before diving into the full sourdough loaf course.
Meet your instructor, Karolis Siudikas from Charles Artisan Bread and watch the course trailer
Making Made Easy with Yodomo
About this online sourdough course
How do I learn with Yodomo online courses?
You will receive an email up to 15 minutes after purchase with details on how to access your course, and if you are a first-time user, how to set up your account. Your courses will then be available to access 24/7 on any device, simply by going to My Courses at Yodomo.co and logging into your account.
How is the course taught?
Yodomo courses are taught by select instructors, who are experts in their field. Each course breaks down complex craft skills into easy-to-follow step by step guides, which combine video, photography and downloadable PDFs.
You can learn anytime, anywhere, on any device with Yodomo, simply by going to My Courses and logging into your account.
Is this course suitable for beginners?This course is suitable for bakers of all levels, including beginners. With step-by-step guidance and easy-to-follow instructions, expert baker Karolis of Charles Good Food will show you how easy making a perfect sourdough loaf can be. You’ll learn how to tell when a sourdough mix is ready, the optimal times to feed the mix, and how to use household appliances to create delicious sourdough bread that you’ll make time and again.
- Simple Sourdough Starter Guide - Downloadable PDF
- Introduction - Meet Karolis Siudikas & What You'll Need (Video: 1:11)
- Step 1 - Getting Started (Video: 2:06)
- Step 2 - Adding Salt to the Mix (Video: 1:39)
- Step 3 - Folding Your Dough (Video: 0:55)
- Step 4 - The Second Fold (Video: 0:59)
- Step 5 - Baking Your Dough (Video: 2:33)
- Step 6 - Removing Your Skillet Lid (Video 0:32)
- Step 7 - Your Finished Sourdough (Video: 1:13)
What do I need for this course?
All you will need to complete this course are standard kitchen appliances, basic bread making equipment and ingredients that you can buy from your local store.
- Pre-prepared fermented sourdough (make yours on Yodomo)
- Strong white bread flour
- Sea salt
- Lukewarm water
For this course, you'll need:
- Large mixing bowl (around 4.5 litres)
- Cooling rack
- 2 x 8oz cups
- 2 tea towels
- Oven gloves
- Skillet with a lid (double dutch oven)
- Square or rectangle Tupperware for your dough (3L)
- Grease spray OR neutral sunflower oil OR vegetable oil
You can purchase this course with a kit here.
The kit contains specialist baking equipment, which can be used to make rustic, circular bread time and time again. This kit is the perfect add-on for elevating your sourdough experience to professional levels. It comes with:
- 8.5" professional banneton proofing basket made from 100% natural rattan. Lightweight, extremely durable and easy to clean.
- Fabric liner
- Dough scraper
- Yodomo tote bag
Yodomo online courses - supporting you at every step
Join the Yodomo Makes Facebook group, where you can post any queries or questions you have, and an instructor, Yodomo team member or member of our community will be there to support you.