Learn to hand stitch this functional purse that is endlessly versatile and adaptable to your taste.
In this easy-to-follow course with clear steps and photographs, you’ll learn how to create a leather purse in two different styles: sleek and simple, or with an added gusset to create more capacity.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand proper cutting, glueing and hole punching techniques for leather
- Distinguish between different leather working tools
- Prepare and stitch leather
- Add fasteners to your leather projects
- Personalise your leather projects and create a stylish finish
- Make two different styles of handy purses
This free course is a sample project taken from Sew Luxe Leather by Rosanna Clare Gethin, in partnership with David & Charles.
Rosanna discovered her love for leather while browsing Spitalfields Market. After buying two pieces of leather and taking a sewing lesson from mum, Rosanna never looked back. As a Design Technology Teacher she introduced bag making to her GCSE class, and honed her technique and teaching skills. With a Masters Degree, Rosanna set up her own full-time business making leather bags and accessories, teaching workshops and now writing books.