Design a tote bag using Hitomezashi Sashiko techniques and create stunning patterns like a pro!
Hitomezashi Sashiko, like all Sashiko, is a method of hand stitching that helps reinforce textiles whilst creating beautifully intricate patterns. Hitomezashi differs from other types of Sashiko as it uses the same length of stitching on either side of the fabric. Known as 'one stitch' Sashiko, Hitomezashi patterns are all stitched on a regular grid where the stitches meet and cross at intersections
Learn the fundamentals of this stitching technique with instructor Rob Jones and create your own design on a tote bag with this course and kit.
What's in the kit?
This kit comes with everything you need to get started right away and includes:
- 20m skein Sashiko thread in a choice of Red, Dark Blue or Light Green
- Sashiko needle
- coloured air or water-soluble pen for marking up your pattern
- sheet of sandpaper
- 2 x Hitomezashi Sashiko patterns (Jujizashi “10 cross stitch” and Kakinohanazashi “Persimmon flower stitch” )
- 1 x Hitomezashi Sashiko pattern exclusive to Yodomo
- white cotton tote bag
- PDF of starter instructions from Romor Designs included in the kit
Make a tote bag you'll be proud to carry with designs created by you.
How is this embroidery lesson taught?
Learn the techniques behind Hitomezashi Sashiko with a basic guide included in the kit.
What else do I need?
Everything you need to start learning this traditional Japanese embroidery is included in the kit.
This kit is delivered by the course instructor through drop-shipping via Hermes.