Become a master basket maker in just a few hours with this simple weaving technique.
Learn to make a woven basket with Julia Clarke, a sculptor specialising in natural materials including cane and willow.
With UNLIMITED ACCESS 24/7, you’ll be able to drop in and out of the course at your own pace, and refer back to it anytime. By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Make a rice mould
- Prepare the cane for weaving
- Create 3-dimensional form using a 'three-way weave' technique
- Finish your basket professionally
- Make 'random weave' baskets of any shape and size
Through easy-to-follow instructions, photographs and short videos, experienced basketmaker Julia will guide you through each step of her simple yet effective 'random weave' technique.
In just a few hours, you will complete the course with a finished basket to decorate your home, and with a new skill that you can use time and time again.
What's in the kit?
The kit includes all the specialist cane you need to make a small to medium sized basket, delivered directly to your door:
- 8 pieces of approx. 1 - 1.5 metre sections of 5mm glossy lapping cane
How difficult is this course?
Watch the course trailer
How is this basket weaving course taught?
What else do I need?
In addition to the lapping cane provided in the kit, you will also need these common household items:
- Rice (any type, a sized medium bag. You’ll need around 500-700g for the form we are making)
- Small- medium food storage plastic bag
- Clear sticky tape
- Cling film
- Permanent marker
- Bowl or sink
- Masking tape
This is a fantastic online course & kit with clear instructions. I had never done any basket making before this but I found the technique to be quite simple and I am very proud of my basket. I gained lots of inspiration and can't wait to make more of these beautiful vessels in different shapes and colours.