Learn rope knotting techniques to make your own bold statement necklace.
Colourful and fun, this easy-to-follow creative course by Sian McLachlan of Shoorah Shoorah guides you through the steps to make your own two-tone rope necklace.
Through clear instructions and detailed videos, you'll learn how to make a rope necklace using traditional knotting techniques. By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Knot together various thicknesses of rope
- Make a Chinese snake knot and a wrapping knot
- Professionally finish your rope necklace
- Gain the confidence to create more knotting projects
Sian says: It's brilliant to create something for yourself and when someone asks "where's that from?" you can say, "I made it!"
Looking for a kit delivered to you along with access to the course? Buy the course and kit together and save on your purchase.
With UNLIMITED ACCESS 24/7, you’ll be able to drop in and out of the course at your own pace.
Watch the course trailer
How is this jewellery making course taught?
What do I need to complete this course?
- 10 mm wide rope (pre-cut, and with 1 cm electric tape around the ends of the rope to prevent fraying)
- 6 mm wide rope in a contrasting colour (pre-cut, and with 1 cm electric tape around the ends of the rope to prevent fraying)
- 4 mm wide cord (pre-cut, and with 1 cm electric tape on one end of the rope to prevent fraying)
- electric tape
- tape measure
- sharp scissors
- either needle and thread OR strong super glue
How do I gift this course?
I loved this course, the instructions were laid out in clear, simple steps and once I understood the knotting technique the necklace made up very quickly. It was very satisfying to learn something new and my necklace is stunning - bold, bright and beautiful - just like the one in the picture! I would definitely recommend this class - you get everything you need in the box and can follow the course at your own pace. Looking forward to doing another course with Yodomo soon!
Absolutely loved creating this, something fun, funky and therapeutic! Would definitely recommend, easy to follow video tutorials. Also had lots of lovely comments about the end product
Lovely pack with everything you need to complete the make with ease. Clear instructions on how to make. My daughter has already claimed it as her own so must be stylish if she will wear it for work.
I thoroughly enjoyed this online course. The instructions were very clear and my finished product looked exactly like the shown example. I had never used this technique before and would certainly try another course from this provider