Get your hands in the earth, boost creativity and decrease stress levels with this quick and easy Terrarium course, that you can do at home.
Learn how to create your own Tinyjohn Terrarium with Emma Sibley, founder of London Terrariums.
With UNLIMITED ACCESS 24/7, you’ll be able to drop in and out of the course at your own pace, and refer back to it anytime. By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Combine pebble, moss and plants in the optimum quantities
- Use specialist terrarium-making equipment
- Understand how terrariums create their own water-cycle and self contained ecosystem
- Care for your finished terrarium
Expert Emma will share with you her foolproof method, taking you step-by-step through the whole process to making professional terrariums.
She will also share with you top care tips and common mistakes to avoid, so you can keep your terrarium healthy and happy. With this course + kit, you'll learn a life-long skill and enjoy making your own custom terrarium from scratch, for the same price as buying a ready-made one.
What's in the kit?
The kit contains specialist terrarium making equipment which can be used time and time again, and the supplies you need to create one terrarium:
- London Terrarium's signature Tinyjohn vessel & cork
- Terrarium Compost
- 1 pot of Fittonia plants
- Carpet Moss
- Small stones
- Activated charcoal
- Tools including Sponge Brush and Patter
- Access to London Terrarium's Online Course and Aftercare Advice on Yodomo
Making Made Easy with Yodomo
About this terrarium course and kit
How is the course taught?This course is taught through step by step photography, available to access online via My Courses.
How do I learn with Yodomo online courses?
Instructions on how to to redeem your online course will be provided inside the kit.
You can learn anytime, anywhere, on any device with Yodomo, simply by going to My Courses and logging into your account.
Can I gift this course and kit?
Yes, all the information your giftee needs is included in the kit.
Is this course suitable for beginners?This terrarium is easy to complete and suitable for every level. Creating your own simple plant hanger is made easy with step-by-step guidance and tips by expert maker Emma Sibley of London Terrariums. From understanding the science behind these self-sustaining ecosystems to the best techniques for building your terrarium, Emma provides top tips and easy-to-follow directions that will allow your terrarium to thrive.
- What You'll Make
- Meet Emma Sibley
- Terrariums: A Short History
- The Science of Terrariums
- What You'll Need
- Selecting Your Plants
- Step 1: How to Make a Funnel
- Step 2: Clean the Vessel
- Step 3: Funnel Stones into the Vessel
- Step 4: The Activated Charcoal
- Step 5: Add Compost
- Step 6: Preparing the Plants
- Step 7: Adding the Plants
- Step 8: Add Moss and Stones (optional)
- Your Finished Terrarium and Top Tips
What do I need for this course?
- Tinyjohn vessel & cork
- 1 Fittonia plant
- Small stones
- Activated charcoal
- Cork Patter, Sponge brush
- Funnel (to be made from your plant pot)
Plus, you’ll need these common household items:
- Additional plants (optional)
- Extra long tweezers (you can substitute with a skewer or chop sticks)
- Water spray bottle
Yodomo online courses - supporting you at every step
Join the Yodomo Makes Facebook group, where you can post any queries or questions you have, and an instructor, Yodomo team member or member of our community will be there to support you.
Meet your instructor, Emma Sibley from London Terrariums
Emma says, "Fundamentally, it's not only about creating aesthetically beautifully objects. For us it is the deeper fascination with how plants behave and the exciting part terrariums play in the history of horticulture."
London Terrariums is run by Emma Sibley. From making terrariums for friends and family to the shop opening in 2017, London Terrariums is where you can buy ready-made terrariums, kits or attend a workshop. Emma is a member of the British Cactus and Succulent Society.