In this guide 'Planning your creative online course' you'll learn how to research and plan your online course, and ensure that it's enjoyable and informative.
The guide will cover:
- How online courses work and learning management systems
- Course validation: understand how to research your course and define your target audience
- SEO: learn SEO best practice from how to describe your course, to how to reach your target audience
- Planning your online course: understand how to divide your course into sections
- Choosing your course format: decide the best format for your course, whether it’s video, photography or a hybrid of the two
- Writing your script: you’ll learn how to create a script or text to illustrate each section
- A downloadable PDF: this guide includes a downloadable PDF with templates and examples
This guide is designed for developing course content that could be hosted on the Yodomo platform (and its learning management system) specifically, but can be adapted to develop content for any platform or learning management system.
This guide is the first part of the three-part ‘How to create your own online course’ series. Once you have finished planning your course you can move onto learning about:
- Shooting your creative online course
- Editing and marketing your online course
These two courses consider DIY approaches to content creation and share some of the tricks of the trade from our team. We are also creating some guides on working with professional filmmakers and photographers for use after the pandemic.
To register your interest in our forthcoming courses please sign up on our Making a Living page and you will be alerted as these courses go live.
By the end of this guide you will have a clear understanding of online courses and how to plan your own online course.
Yodomo brings the expertise of independent artists and makers directly to you. Access online workshops anywhere, at any time, from our carefully selected instructors.
Our mission is to improve people’s lives by helping them achieve their creative potential. Our vision is for a future where more of us reconnect to the power and benefits of making with our hands.