Mend your way to a more sustainable wardrobe with our introduction to darning.
An introduction to darning for complete beginners. This online course is suitable for all levels of textile know-how, from those who have never threaded a needle to avid knitters. You will learn a craft that serves a purpose, which will enable you to extend the life of your clothing for years to come.
What's in the kit?
This kit contains:
- 1 hand-turned wooden darning egg
- 1 swatch of 100% reclaimed cotton with a hole in it
- 2 100% reclaimed cotton yarn wraps in orange and blue
- 1 darning needle
- 1 needle threader
How this course is taught?
Learn the lost art of darning with Socko founder Emma as she takes you through a series of online video and illustrated guides to make a functional yet beautiful repair. The login details to the online content are provided inside the kit.
What else do I need?
- A pair of scissors or snips
- Great natural light or a reading lamp
- Reading glasses if you use them
This kit is personally sent to you by Emma via Royal Mail.