Learn Japanese Boro Stitching, a hand stitching technique with thousands of years of history.
Boro comes from the Japanese word boroboro meaning something tattered or repaired.
Learn the fundamentals of this craft with maker Rob Jones and create your own masterpiece using Boro stitching techniques.
What's in the kit?
This kit comes with everything you need to get started right away and includes:
- 6 Patches vintage Japanese cotton or linen fabric, approx 12cm x 8cm (size may vary but you will receive a similar overall sized piece of each fabric)
- 20m skein Sashiko thread (choose from white, black, red, light green, dark blue or variegated blue and white)
- A white cotton tote bag to stitch onto
- Sashiko needle (you will receive either one long or one short Sashiko needle)
- Instructions on how to stitch your patches