Learn the various skills needed to create this striking Art Deco Goldwork and create a stylish embroidered artwork that will sit perfectly on any wall.
The perfect project for cosy days, this goldwork kit comes with all the materials to make an Art Deco-inspired embroidery. Taught by professional embroiderer Amy Burt, you'll learn the steps and techniques to create this artwork from felt padding leather appliqués to the padded satin stitch. A perfect gift for loved ones or yourself, this project will give you the foundation to continue on with goldwork embroidery as a lifetime hobby and skill. You will learn goldwork techniques including couching, chipping and over-stretched Pearl Purl.
What's in the kit?
- Instruction booklet
- 6" embroidery hoop
- Navy linen (with design) 28x28cm
- calico 28x28cm
- 3 x DMC stranded cottons in orange, blue and white
- 2 x Gütterman machine thread in white and orce
- White craft felt (with design) 5x5cm
- Orange Kid Leather (with design) - 5x5cm
- Silver Bright Check
- Gold Passing No.4
- Gold Pearl Purl No. 1
- Gold Pearl Purl No. 2
- Bee's Wax
- Embroidery Needles size 10
- Chenille Needle Size 22
- Curved Beading Needle
What is Goldwork?
Goldwork itself has many different techniques using a wide range of materials and processes to create eye-catching and unique hand embroidery. This piece of work uses some of the most commonly used techniques such as chipping and couching.
How this course is taught?
What else do I need?
- - Stand/clamp for holding the embroidery hoop to allow the use of both hands
- - Velvet board (small board covered in velvet for collecting bright check cut into chips)
- - Goldwork Tweezer (fine-tipped)
- - Embroidery scissors
- - Separate embroidery scissors for cutting goldwork
- - Magnifying glass (if possible)