If you have always wanted to bake your own sourdough, but are not sure how to go about it, you have come to the right place.We have assembled the ultimate do-it-all package for the home baker - complete with step-by-step instructions. The 13-piece kit has all the hardware and all the ingredients you will ever need to make perfect sourdough from scratch, including a wonderful live sourdough starter.
As well as step by step instructions we will also send you 'how to' videos which take all the guesswork and legwork out of baking sourdough. We are also on hand via email to guide you and answer any of your questions.
What's in the kit?
This kit contains:
- 1 x Sourdough starter - a culture of wild natural yeasts packed in a lidded bowl that will be its permanent home
- 2 x Beautiful natural wicker proving baskets with calico liners. Don't be fooled by cheaper alternatives that only offer one proving basket - almost all sourdough bakers realise it makes far more sense to make two loaves at once
- 1 x Baker's lame - a sharp blade for scoring the top of your loaf
- 1 x Cotton proving towel - to cover you loaves while they rise
- 1 x Specialist metal baking sheet - sourdough is cooked directly on this metal sheet, not in a bread tin like commercial loaves
- 1 x Metal flour scoop
- 1 x Dough scraper - things can get rather sticky
- 1 x Spray bottle - to increase humidity in the oven and provide a superior crust
- 1 x Oven-proof ramekin - a ceramic dish to provide a reservoir of water in the oven while you bake, again to ensure maximum humidity
- 1 x Starter flour - the first two feeds for the sourdough starter
- 1 x Bread flour - our signature blend of very strong Canadian white bread flour and strong organic wholemeal, sufficient to make your first two loaves
- 1 x Spelt flour - a specialty flour that gives your loaf a real flavour lift
- 1 x Semolina - this is used not for flavour, but to help you uncooked loaves slide off the breadboard and into the oven.
- Detailed step by step instructions
- Email helpline to the Crumb team for help and expert advice - and access to instructional videos and troubleshooting
How this course is taught?
This course comes with printed detailed step-by-step instructions and online instructional videos
What else do I need?
- Just your standard home oven