Make a bridle leather collar for your Best Friend
This small box of wonder, contains everything that you need to make a beautiful leather* collar for your dog made from British bridle leather from Bakers of Colyton in Devon. Over time, with day to day handling and nourishment from saddle soap, the leather is transformed from waxy and stiff to satisfyingly tactile and supple, as the natural qualities of the bridle leather come to the fore.
The leather is pre-cut to length (see below) and the kit includes:
- 1 set of notes
- 1 x Oak bark tanned bridle leather strap 25mm wide and 3mm thick, pre-punched with stitch holes and buckle holes in S, M or L (Small = 40 – 48cm, Medium = 50 – 58cm, Large = 60 – 68cm measured from the buckle bar to the end of the strap).
- 1 x bridle leather keeper
- 1 x sturdy buckle and d-ring in brass or nickel made by Abbey England
- Lengths of waxed linen thread and a pair of John James needles for stitching
- Cotton webbing
- Small pot of gum tragacanth
- Small pot of leather glue (water based)
There is a small charge for monogramming. Please select 'monogram' at checkout and then email us with your letters, words and numbers (max 5). (This will go at the centre back of the collar spaced equally between the keeper and first buckle hole).