Learn to hand stitch this functional purse that is endlessly versatile and adaptable to your taste.
In this easy-to-follow course with clear steps and photographs, you’ll learn how to create a leather purse in two different styles: sleek and simple, or with an added gusset to create more capacity.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand proper cutting, glueing and hole punching techniques for leather
- Distinguish between different leather working tools
- Prepare and stitch leather
- Add fasteners to your leather projects
- Personalise your leather projects and create a stylish finish
- Make two different styles of handy purses
This free course is a sample project taken from Sew Luxe Leather by Rosanna Clare Gethin, in partnership with David & Charles.
This project was excerpted from Sew Luxe Leather by Rosanna Clare Gethin, published by David & Charles, 2018.
Text and Designs copyright Rosanna Gethin 2018
Photography Jason Jenkins, copyright David & Charles Ltd.
All rights reserved.