Learn the rope knotting techniques you'll need to make your own bold statement necklaces.
Colourful and fun, this easy-to-follow creative course by Sian McLachlan of Shoorah Shoorah teaches you the skills you need in order to make your own rope necklace.
This course + kit comes with everything you need in order to get started right away. Details coming soon, register your interest today to be the first to know when it's available.
Through clear instructions and detailed videos, you'll learn how to make a two-tone rope necklace using traditional knotting techniques. By then end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Knot together various thicknesses of rope
- Make a Chinese snake knot and a wrapping knot
- Professionally finish your rope necklace
- Gain the confidence to create more knotting projects
It'll be brilliant to create something for yourself, and when someone asks "where's that from?" you can say, "I made it."
REGISTER YOUR INTEREST TO BE THE FIRST TO KNOW WHEN THE COURSE IS AVAILABLE.
With UNLIMITED ACCESS 24/7, you’ll be able to drop in and out of the course at your own pace.
Making Made Easy with Yodomo
How do I learn with Yodomo online courses?
You will receive an email up to 15 minutes after purchase with details on how to access your course, and if you are a first-time user, how to set up your account. Your courses will then be available to access 24/7 on any device, simply by going to My Courses at Yodomo.co and logging into your account.
How is the course taught?
Yodomo courses are taught by select instructors, who are experts in their field. Each course breaks down complex craft skills into easy-to-follow step by step guides, which combine video, photography and downloadable PDFs.
You can learn anytime, anywhere, on any device with Yodomo, simply by going to My Courses and logging into your account.
- Meet the instructor: Meet Sian McLachlan of Shoorah Shoorah
- What you'll learn
- What you'll need (0:42)
- Measure and begin knotting (3:24)
- Knot and loop (1:38)
- Loop and tighten (2:42)
- Tighten and adjust (2:42)
- Complete all seventeen knots (12:18)
- Finishing the knots (0:54)
- Shape and tape (1:40)
- Joining the ends together (0:18)
- Option 1: Superglue (1:15)
- Option 2: Sewing (3:06)
- The wrapping knot (4:32)
- Your finished knotted rope necklace
What do I need for this course?
What you'll need:
- 10 mm wide rope (pre-cut, and with 1 cm electric tape around the ends of the rope to prevent fraying)
- 6 mm wide rope in a contrasting colour (pre-cut, and with 1 cm electric tape around the ends of the rope to prevent fraying)
- 4 mm wide cord (pre-cut, and with 1 cm electric tape on one end of the rope to prevent fraying)
- electric tape
- tape measure
- sharp scissors
- either needle and thread OR strong super glue
Is this course suitable for beginners?
Yodomo online courses - supporting you at every step
If you don't enjoy your course for any reason, let us know and we'll give you your money back.
Join the Yodomo Makes Facebook group, where you can post any queries or questions you have, and an instructor, Yodomo team member or member of our community will be there to support you.
Sian McLachlan is a jewellery designer and founder of Shoorah Shoorah who creates bright and bold designs from rope and cord. Inspired by the techniques from chandlery and macrame, she uses functional knots in bold colours and repetitive forms to create pieces that raise a smile and make a statement. Her designs illustrate how careful crafting can turn simple materials into something tactile and beautiful.