Learn rope knotting techniques to make your own bold statement necklace.
This course + kit comes with everything you need in order to get started right away.
Through clear instructions and detailed videos, you'll learn how to make a two-tone rope necklace using traditional knotting techniques.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Knot together various thicknesses of rope
- Make a Chinese snake knot and a wrapping knot
- Professionally finish your rope necklace
- Gain the confidence to create more knotting projects
Sian says: It'll be brilliant to create something for yourself, and when someone asks "where's that from?" you can say, "I made it."
With UNLIMITED ACCESS 24/7, you’ll be able to drop in and out of the course at your own pace.
What's in the kit?
Our kits come in a variety of popular colours and are supplied cut and measured so you can get started straight away:
- 10 mm wide rope
- 6 mm wide rope
- 4 mm wide wrapping cord
- electric tape
- Yodomo tote bag
Choose between one of the following colour-ways:
- Teal & coral
- Black & teal
- Navy & yellow
Watch the course trailer
Making Made Easy with Yodomo
About this rope knot necklace course and kit
How is this course taught?This course is taught through step by step photography and video, available to access online via My Courses.
How do I learn with Yodomo online courses?
Instructions on how to to redeem your online course will be provided inside the kit.
You can learn anytime, anywhere, on any device with Yodomo, simply by going to My Courses and logging into your account.
Can I gift this course and kit?
Yes, all the information your giftee needs is included in the kit.
Is this course suitable for beginners?This course is perfect for everyone, including those who have no previous experience of knotting rope.
- Meet the instructor: Meet Sian McLachlan of Shoorah Shoorah (1:00)
- What you'll learn
- What you'll need (0:42)
- Measure and begin knotting (3:24)
- Knot and loop (1:38)
- Loop and tighten (1:47)
- Tighten and adjust (2:42)
- Complete all seventeen knots (12:18)
- Finishing the knots (0:54)
- Shape and tape (3:09)
- Joining the ends together (0:18)
- Option 1: Superglue (1:15)
- Option 2: Sewing (3:06)
- The wrapping knot (4:32)
- Your finished knotted rope necklace (0:19)
What do I need for this course?
What you'll need:
- 10 mm wide rope (pre-cut, and with 1 cm electric tape around the ends of the rope to prevent fraying)
- 6 mm wide rope in a contrasting colour (pre-cut, and with 1 cm electric tape around the ends of the rope to prevent fraying)
- 4 mm wide cord (pre-cut, and with 1 cm electric tape on one end of the rope to prevent fraying)
- electric tape
- tape measure
- sharp scissors
- either needle and thread OR strong super glue
Yodomo online courses - supporting you at every step
Join the Yodomo Makes Facebook group, where you can post any queries or questions you have, and an instructor, Yodomo team member or member of our community will be there to support you.
Really enjoyed this project. Fantastic tuition, clear instructions which were easy to follow. Love the finished project ❤️
Sian McLachlan is a jewellery designer and founder of Shoorah Shoorah who creates bright and bold designs from rope and cord. Inspired by the techniques from chandlery and macrame, she uses functional knots in bold colours and repetitive forms to create pieces that raise a smile and make a statement. Her designs illustrate how careful crafting can turn simple materials into something tactile and beautiful.