Join our next cohort of our Digital Skills Programme which will take just six artists, makers and craftspeople over a six week period on a programme that will see them learning a suite of digital skills that will support your making business.
*LIMITED TO SIX PLACES*
NEXT COHORT DATES TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON
Understanding how to create good quality digital content is now more important than ever before for emerging creative businesses. With the biggest opportunity for sales just around the corner, now is the time to invest in developing your own skills in developing good quality digital content.
Yodomo already hosts many free resources online but we have been regularly hearing from artists, makers and craftspeople that they are looking for a structured learning programme to help get them from A to B and achieve their learning goals. In this six-week programme you will be part of a small group who will be taken through a simple weekly programme consisting of 6 x 2-hour workshops.
Through weekly Zoom online workshops (limited to just six people), you will be taken through the digital skills programme. On completion you will understand:
Week 1: How to host an online Zoom workshop
- What you need to know about equipment needed, lighting conditions, backdrop options
- Developing a house style to give your arts, crafts or maker business a professional look.
- How to promote your workshop, and best practice for technical aspects of setting up a live webinar.
Week 2: How to take your workshop online
- How online courses work and learning management systems
- Course validation: understand how to research your course and define your target audience
- SEO: learn SEO best practice from how to describe your course, to how to reach your target audience
- Planning your online course: understand how to divide your course into sections
- Choosing your course format: decide the best format for your course, whether it’s video, photography or a hybrid of the two
- Writing your script: you’ll learn how to create a script or text to illustrate each section
- Understand how online learning platforms work and how to earn money from them
Week 3: How to develop digital content
- An overview on the different types of content and why good quality is important
- Understanding photography: an overview of DIY photography
- Understanding DIY filming techniques: an overview of the different filming techniques required
- Preparing for your shoot: explaining your shot list, lighting, audio, accessories and how to feel confident on camera.
- The shoot: setting up your camera or phone and shooting video recommendations
Week 4: How to tell your story
- Learn how to tell your personal creative journey
- How to shoot your own full portrait and head and shoulders shot
- How to shoot step-by-step photography to include in a kit
Week 5: How to develop a kit
- How to develop a kit to sell online
- Packaging and posting options
- Handling customer expectations
Week 6: How to plan a social media strategy
- With your newly created digital content we will talk you through how to create a social media strategy
- Understanding social channels for your arts, crafts or maker business
- Top tips on using Instagram for your business
The workshops will take place weekly on mornings from 10am - 12pm (GMT) - start dates depend on cohorts. If you are unable to attend a session these will be pre-recorded and we can help with specific questions afterwards.
Pricing is just £180 for 6 x live online workshops (£30 a week) limited to maximum 6 people - with access to online content to support your learning.