You'll learn how to make a tote-style bag in our easy to follow step-by-step tutorials featuring Barley Massey of Fabrications, Broadway Market, East London.
You’ll do basic pattern making and cutting, choosing fabrics, using different types of stitching on a sewing machine and bringing all of the different elements together to create a double-layered tote bag.
To make this bag you’ll need to know how to use a sewing machine.
How is this stitching course taught?
This course features detailed step-by-step photographic instructions, available to access online via My Courses.
What do I need?
Materials and tools:
- Medium weight non-stretch cotton fabric (2 pieces of fabric 100cm x 40cm for the bag. 2 pieces of fabric 70cm x 10cm for the straps)
- Sewing Machine
- Thread (you may want to match or contrast the colour of your thread to the fabric)
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Tape Measure
- Ruler (optional)
- Tailor’s Chalk (or ordinary chalk)
- Fabric Scissors
- Embroidery Scissors (optional)
- Old Fashioned wooden Knitting Needle (optional)
- Pinking shears (optional)
How do I gift this course?
Select "Yes" under "Is this a gift?". Once purchased, you will receive a PDF with instructions on how to enrol which you can either email directly to the recipient or print out, to be given in person.