Born out of cancelled zine workshops and 3 UK lockdowns, Grrrl Zine Fair's founder Lu Williams created a kit that contains everything you need to start your zine-making journey- or if you're already a zine maker, materials to spark inspiration and limited edition Grrrl stationary.
Capturing the energy of why zines are so important to make, the tactical materials and beautiful colours and an exclusive sticker pack and pencil, these kits will make you fall in love with the process of making your own self-publication.
Perfect for those wanting to learn more about the history of self-publishing, this kit gives you the tools to have a go at creating a zine in the comfort of your own home.
This kit is suitable for all ages, with parental guidance recommended for young children who would like to use the Binding Kit's, which contain one small needle.
What's in the kit?
- 4 x Waxed binding thread (vegan)
- 1 x Binding needle.
- 1 x pack of paper and card including tracing paper.
- 1 x Grrrl Zine Fair Sticker Pack (to help you combat the dreaded blank page!)
- 1 x 'You've Got This' Pencil in Grrrl font.
- 1 x Pastel coloured ruler.
- 1 x Mini zine tutorial sheet.
- 1 x 12 Page Zine Making Guide, with self-publishing history and step by step guides to create 3 types of zines.
- 1 x Recyclable Glue stick.
- 1 x 20 Minute Do It Yourself Zine Making Video.
Each kit comes in a reusable cardboard box and sleeve which can be used to keep on-the-go zines in, collage cuttings, or beloved stationery! Once you're done, please recycle your packaging too, as it's uncoated paper, compost it.