Learn how to bake sourdough bread from the comfort of your own home with Thomas Charles & Karolis Siudikas, the team behind organic Nordic bakery, Charles Artisan Bread.
With UNLIMITED ACCESS 24/7, you’ll be able to drop in and out of the course at your own pace. By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Make a sourdough starter (available as a free taster)
- Mix the dough by hand using traditional bread making techniques
- Tell with confidence when the dough is ready to fold, ferment and bake
Through detailed video, you'll learn the step-by-step sourdough making process from creating the sourdough starter to baking the finished loaf.
What's in the kit?
The kit contains specialist baking equipment, which can use to make perfect bread time and time again:
- 8.5" banneton proofing basket made from 100% natural rattan. Lightweight, extremely durable and easy to clean.
- Fabric liner
- Bread fork
This kit comes with FREE standard shipping to the UK (worldwide postage charges apply).
Learn online with Yodomo
How does it work?
Your courses are available to access 24/7 by going to My Courses at Yodomo.co. You will receive an email up to 15 minutes after purchase with details on how to access your course, and if you are a first-time user, how to access your account.
How do I receive my kit?
Your kit will arrive by post 2-5 days after purchase. You will receive an email notification when your kit has been dispatched.
How is the course taught?
Our courses break down complex craft skills into easy-to-follow step by step tutorials, taught by expert instructors. Yodomo online courses combine video, photography and downloadable PDF’s, making it simple and straight-forward for everyone to learn at home.
- Simple Sourdough Starter Guide - Downloadable PDF
- Introduction - Meet Karolis Siudikas & What You'll Need (Video: 1:11)
- Step 1 - Getting Started (Video: 2:06)
- Step 2 - Adding Salt to the Mix (Video: 1:39)
- Step 3 - Folding Your Dough (Video: 0:55)
- Step 4 - The Second Fold (Video: 0:59)
- Step 5 - Baking Your Dough (Video: 2:33)
- Step 6 - Removing Your Skillet Lid (Video 0:32)
- Step 7 - Your Finished Sourdough (Video: 1:13)
What do I need for this course?
All you will need to complete this course are standard kitchen appliances, basic bread making equipment and ingredients that you can buy from your local store.
Pre-prepared fermented sourdough (make yours on Yodomo)
Strong white bread flour
- Large mixing bowl (around 4.5 litres)
- Cooling rack
- 2 x 8oz cups
- 2 tea towels
- Oven gloves
- Skillet with a lid (double dutch oven)
- Square or rectangle Tupperware for your dough (3L)
- Grease spray OR neutral sunflower oil OR vegetable oil
Find out if this is the right course for you
This course is suitable for beginner and novice bakers, or for anyone looking to brush up on their skills. Why not try our free course taster: Make a sourdough starter, to help you decide if this is the right course for you.
Watch the course trailer
Charles Artisan Bread
Karolis Siudikas started working in the industry in 2010 and has worked in five-star hotels across London. He has a vast knowledge of both teaching and baking sourdough. He founded Charles Artisan Bread in Hackney along with seasoned baker Thomas Charles, whose own career in food spans more than three decades.