Starting your creative business has never been easier. As a maker, craftsperson, artist, or designer you have a wealth of ways to reach your customers and sell to them directly. The craft market is surging and there is a growing generation of consumers looking for authentic, local, ethical or sustainable products.
Yet making the shift from hobbyist to business owner can bring challenges. As a creative entrepreneur, you need to be a digital content specialist, online marketer and e-commerce expert in order to build your business, while still finding the time to make and create the goods you are looking to sell.
Written by the founder of Yodomo, the online home for makers, and with inspiring advice from leading craftspeople who have all built successful businesses from scratch, Making a Living:
- Shows you how to make the best possible start
- Helps you to avoid common pitfalls
- Covers all the small business essentials
- Brings you expert insight from leading craft organizations
- Let's you choose whether to build your business as a side hustle or a new career
Carefully designed to keep you motivated as you get your idea off the ground, this book will help you to realize that your new creative business can be more than just a pipe dream.